How can I help you?
The Nigerian agrofood & plastprintpack industry will meet again for the highlight of the year. Organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade, the 8th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria takes place from 28 to 30 March 2023 at the Landmark Centre in Lagos, Victoria Island.
Here, global technology leaders from 18 countries showcase adapted technologies and solutions for the Nigerian and West African market in the fields of agriculture, food and beverage processing, ingredients, plastics, printing and packaging.
Why you should visit?
- You can meet global technology leaders from the entire agrofood & plastprintpack industry in just 3 days
- Be present at the 2023 MFI Awards Ceremony on 28 March together with several Nigerian ministers and members of the Dangote family and the Dangote Foundation expected to personally present the awards to CEOs of the top 5 brands in the wheat flour, edible oil and sugar industries.
- Get new insights during the top level 3-day conference featuring 18 sessions and 63 top-class speakers delivering educational and entertaining sessions of the highest quality.
- Talk to major players in the Spotlight on Beverages and discuss latest production & ingredient solutions
- Get familiar with hot cold chain solutions at the 5th West African Cold Chain Summit & Exhibition WACCSE by OTACCWA running alongside agrofood Nigeria
The 2023 MFI Awards on 28 March
The 2023 MFI Awards will be hosted at the Lagos Landmark Centre on 28 March 2023 alongside agrofood & plastprintpack and WACCSE 2023. The MFI Awards Ceremony is co-sponsored by the MFI Micronutrient Fortification Index and powered by TechnoServe via a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation sponsored initiative, the Technical Assistance Accelerator Program.
Several Nigerian ministers and members of the Dangote family and the Dangote Foundation have confirmed to personally present the awards to CEOs of the top 5 brands in the wheat flour, edible oil and sugar industries. See the confirmed participants of the 2023 event here and here.
The 2022 MFI Awards
- His Excellency Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Professor Yemi Osinbajo
- Mallam Farouk Salim, DG of SON Standards Organisation of Nigeria
- Dominic Schofield, Program Director TechnoServe
- Halima Dangote
- Zouera Youssoufou, MD of Aliko Dangote Foundation
- Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Health
- Alhaji Dangote, Chairman Aliko Dangote Foundation
- Otunba Adebayo Adeniyi, Honorable Minister of Industry, Trade & Investment
- Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, DG of NAFDAC
- Olusola Idowu, Perm. Secr. Ministry of Finance, Budget & National Planning
The exhibitors come from Austria, Bulgaria, China, Côte d'Ivoire, France, Germany, India, Italy, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Türkiye, the United Kingdom and the United States.
One of the traditional highlights at agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria being the German Pavilion, this year 21 German exhibitors will be present. The German Pavilion is presented by the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and supported by the German Trade Fair Association AUMA and the German Engineering Federation VDMA.
Another highlight will certainly be the Netherlands Pavilion at agrofood Nigeria, organised by NABC together with the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and East-West Trade Consulting.
Visitors are recommended to pre-register online: Pre-registration takes less than 3 minutes and provides you with a printable pre-badge for fast track entry to the exhibition, which will be sent to you by email immediatly after finishing your registration. Trade visitors having pre-registered online or presenting an invitation from an exhibitor visit the show free of charge.
All others pay an entrance fee of 1,000 Naira only.
The proceeds will be donated to SOS Children’s Villages Nigeria.
28 March 2023: 10.00 am – 05.30 pm
29 March 2023: 10.00 am – 05.30 pm
30 March 2023: 10.00 am – 04.30 pm
Bureau Veritas is the recognised world leader in testing, inspection and certification services, providing a full scope of agri-commodities and food testing services throughout the entire supply chain, from farm to fork.
Top level 3-day conference
A top level 3-day conference featuring 18 sessions and 63 top-class speakers will yet again run alongside the exhibition.
C-level speakers representing market-leading companies and institutions will deliver educational and entertaining sessions of the highest quality, promising immediate benefits for the audience in their day-to-day business.
WACCSE again co-located with agrofood Nigeria as fairtrade & OTACCWA deepen their cooperation
After the great cooperation for the 2021 and 2022 event, fairtrade & OTACCWA, the Organization for Technology Advancement of Cold Chain in West Africa, agreed to also organise the 5th West African Cold Chain Summit & Exhibition WACCSE by OTACCWA alongside agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2023.
A unique concept: agrofood covers the entire value chain – from field to fork
Spotlight 2023: Beverages – Production & Ingredients
For the 2023 edition, the Spotlight is on Beverages - Production & Ingredients. On the trade visitor side, buyers and decision-makers from all major beverage producers are expected. And as exhibitors, all important beverage technology and ingredient suppliers.
Nigeria investing heavily in food, beverage and packaging technology - Facts & figures on the fast-growing Nigerian market
- In 2021, Nigeria for the first time became the largest importer of food and packaging technology in Africa with €346 million, ahead of Egypt (€341 million) and South Africa (€293 million). (VDMA 2022)
- The enormous population growth from 206 million in 2022 to 411 million in 2050 demands high sustainable investments in Nigeria’s food industry.
- Sharp increase: Nigeria's food production has grown by 39.6% in recent years, from €26bn in 2016 to €36.3bn in 2020 and is expected to rise by 48% between 2021 and 2024, from €42.3bn to €62.6bn. (Euromonitor International)