Nigeria: Africa’s largest economy back on the growth track
The 6th agrofood Nigeria in 2020 continues its success story
NEW: food ingredients Nigeria 2020!
Africa’s largest economy is back on the growth track as Nigeria’s GDP is expected to grow from US$ 397 billion in 2018 to US$ 445 billion in 2019 and US$ 496 billion in 2020 (GTAI). Based on upbeat market developments, agrofood Nigeria 2020 is to continue its success story.
The event is organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe and it is scheduled for 24 to 26 March 2020 at the Landmark Centre in Lagos. The event is held in conjunction with plastprintpack, Nigeria’s 6th international plastics, printing and packaging trade show.
agro AgroTech Nigeria 2020
agro Nigeria has been organized by fairtrade as part of agrofood Nigeria ever since 2015. In 2018, DLG German Agricultural Society entered into strategic partnership with fairtrade and brings in its agro expertise. The focus of the cooperation lies on agricultural technology, animal production, flori- and horticulture and hot-house technology.
Organizers of the world’s No. 1 trade shows Agritechnica and Eurotier, DLG is the global leader in professional trade fairs in the fields of agricultural engineering, crop production, animal production and bioenergy.
Put the Nigerian agricultural sector on a growth path.
Top agro AgroTech exhibitors 2019
ACO Systems • adepta • Advantage Austria • Agrotrust • Andritz • Belagro • Bobruiskagromash • Bosman Van Zaal • Bühler • Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems • BWT • Dutch Poultry Pavilion • Dutch Vegetable Seeds Pavilion • GEA • German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) • Gomselmash • Grandex • Hoogendoorn • Julite Machinery • Kingpeng • MAZ Minsk Automobile Plant • MTW Minsk Tractor Works • NABG – Nigeria Agribusiness Group • Richel • Rijk Zwaan • Shijiazhuang Julite Machinery • Switzerland Global Enterprise • Vibrofloors
food + bev tec Nigeria 2020
Double-digit growth: Nigeria's imports of food and packaging machinery increased by 15% in 2017, to 262 million euros compared to 228 million euros the year before, making Nigeria the second largest importer in sub-Saharan Africa.
Nigeria‘s imports of packaging technology even increased by 34% in 2017, from 113 million euros to 152 million euros. (VDMA) Double-digit growth is also forecasted for 2019 and 2020.
Expenditure in Nigerian food and beverage sector to grow significantly.
Top food + bev tec exhibitors 2019
adepta • Advantage Austria • African Bakery Dynamics • Ascent Chemical • Atlas es Makina • Beck Automation • Blaze Food Machinery • Bongard • Bosch • Bühler • CFT • Dagard • Damak Makine • Diosna • Eskort • First Blends • GEA • German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) • Illig • KHS • Krones • Lanxess • M Industries • MLT Pack Service • Mühlenchemie • Multivac • Qinhuangdao Beidou • Redachem • Rovema • Sacmi • SSP Packaging • Steriflow • Synerlink • Turan Plastik • Vibrofloors • Werner & Pfleiderer
NEW: food ingredients Nigeria 2020!
With almost 200 million inhabitants, Nigeria has long been the largest food market on the African continent. Expenditure in the F&B sector is growing steadily and F&B production is by far the largest segment of the Nigerian processing industry.
Accordingly, the demand for food and beverage ingredients is rising continuously. So it was only natural that more and more leading international ingredients companies took part in agrofood Nigeria.
Top food ingredients exhibitors 2019
Just like iran food ingredients which fairtrade established a few years ago in Tehran under the umbrella of iran agrofood.
Many global leaders and official country pavilions already confirmed
Many global leaders have already renewed their participation for the 2020 event. Concerning official national group pavilions, Belarus, China, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Turkey will again present themselves officially.
3-day conference program
agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2020 will again be supplemented by a 3-day program. In 2019 the topics included three main sessions on
- Skills development and the value chain approach
- Circular economy and
- Finance, Start-ups and Digitalization
Strong institutional support
agrofood Nigeria 2020 enjoys the strong support of the Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS, access Bank, adepta, Advantage Austria, AHK Nigeria, Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, German Ministry for Economic Affairs, IOPN, NABC, NABG, NAFDAC, Netherlands Embassy, NIFST, Switzerland Global Enterprise, Turkish Ministry of Trade, Turkish Exporters Assembly and VDMA.
What made agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2019 so unique?
- Not less than eight official country pavilions were present, namely from Belarus, China, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland and Turkey.
- 120 global leaders from 24 countries presented their solutions, products and technologies towards 2,094 high quality visitors (up 35%) - tailored to the needs of the Nigerian agrofood & ppp business community.
- Strong international presence: The exhibitors came from Austria, Algeria, Belarus, Benin, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Lebanon, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and USA.
- The German-Nigerian Live Bakery! First Blends, Diosna and others produced baked goods and confectionery live on all three days of the show.
- Strong presence of international market leaders in food, bakery, beverage and packaging technology & ingredients
- A high-level international conference running alongside the exhibition.
- The interactive agrofood and plastprintpack portals allowing exhibitors and visitors to communicate and to arrange business meetings before, during and after the event, all year round.