Now even bigger and more international than ever: The 5th agrofood Nigeria 2019 with 120+ exhibitors from 24 countries
Top level 3-day conference on Skills development, Value chain approach, Circular economy & Finance, start-ups and digitalization
Due to the upbeat market development and an ever increasing interest in the Nigerian market, agrofood and its partner event plastprintpack Nigeria 2019 continue their success story and are even bigger and more international this year.
The exhibition is complemented by a top level 3-day conference on Skills development, Value chain approach, Circular economy & Finance, start-ups and digitalization featuring 25 Nigerian and European experts.
agrofood is Nigeria’s 5th international trade show on agriculture, food processing & packaging, ingredients, bakery & confectionery and food & hospitality.
Organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade the show is scheduled for 26 to 28 March 2019 at the Landmark Centre in Lagos.
The event covers the entire value chain, from field to fork, consisting of the three sub-brands agroAgroTech Nigeria, food + bev tec Nigeria and food + hospitality Nigeria.
What makes agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2019 so unique?
- Not less than eight official country pavilions are present this year, namely from Belarus, China, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland and Turkey.
- As well as 120+ global leaders from 24 countries presenting their solutions, products and technologies tailored to the needs of the Nigerian agrofood business community.
- Strong international presence: The exhibitors come from Austria, Algeria, Belarus, Benin, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Lebanon, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and USA.
- The German-Nigerian Live Bakery! First Blends, Diosna and others produce baked goods and confectionery live on all three days of the show.
- Strong presence of international market leaders in food and packaging technology & ingredients
- A high-level international conference runs alongside the exhibition.
- The interactive agrofood and plastprintpack portals allowing exhibitors and visitors to communicate and to arrange business meetings before, during and after the event, all year round.
3-day conference featuring 25 Nigerian and European experts on Skills development, Value chain approach, Circular economy & Finance, start-ups and digitalization
agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria 2019 will again be supplemented by a 3-day program full of presentations and panel discussions, jointly organised by fairtrade and AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria. Among the most important topics covered by some 25 Nigerian and European experts worth mentioning are:
- Agrofood business and Skills Development: Boosting agrofood production in Nigeria, the value chain approach
- Circular Economy: Combining innovative techniques and resource efficiency to create sustainable process
- Finance, Start-ups and Digitalization: A game changer for the Agrofood & Plastprintpack business in Nigeria
Africa’s largest economy now back on the growth track
Nigeria is the 5th largest oil-exporting and 11th largest gas-exporting country. With 194 million inhabitants, Nigeria is also Africa’s most populous country and the 7th most populous country globally.
Africa’s largest economy is now back on the growth track as Nigeria’s GDP is expected to grow from US$ 409 billion in 2018 to US$ 476 billion in 2019. (GTAI)
agro AgroTech Nigeria 2019
fairtrade and DLG strategic partnership
Since 2015 agro Nigeria has been organized by fairtrade as part of agrofood Nigeria. Now DLG German Agricultural Society enters into strategic partnership with fairtrade. Organizers of the world’s No. 1 trade shows Agritechnica and Eurotier, DLG is the global leader in professional trade fairs in the fields of agricultural engineering, crop production, animal production and bioenergy.
food + bev tec Nigeria 2019
Double-digit growth: Nigeria is the 2nd largest importer of food processing & packaging technology in sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria's imports of food and packaging machinery increased by 15% in 2017, to 262 million euros compared to 228 million euros the year before. (VDMA)
food + hospitality Nigeria 2019
Food trade of US$ 5.916 billion - largest foodstuff market in Africa. Nigeria, with its 194 million inhabitants, is West Africa’s largest food market. Food trade with Nigeria is a US$ 5.916 billion business, with food imports into Nigeria amounting to US$ 5.102 billion and food exports of US$ 0.814 billion in 2017. (WTO)
Strong institutional support
agrofood Nigeria 2019 enjoys the strong support of the following Nigerian and international institutions:
- Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS
- adepta French Agrofood Association
- Advantage Austria
- AHK Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria
- The dti Department Trade and Industry South Africa
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- IOPN Institute of Packaging Nigeria
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- NABG Nigeria Agribusiness Group
- NAFDAC National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
- NIFST Nigerian Institute of Food Science & Technology
- Switzerland Global Enterprise
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA German Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association